Standing Up For Florida’s Personal Injury Victims

The life of an injury victim can change radically in moments. Depending on the severity of the injury, the insurance settlement offered may be insufficient to cover the required medical treatment. Oftentimes, injury victims or family members require legal counsel to get justice or fight for fair compensation.

Before opening his law firm in the Miami area, Javier A. Finlay represented insurance companies, so he is fully aware of all the internal workings of insurers to deny or decrease compensation. His background can make a difference when it comes to protecting the rights of injured individuals.

Compassionate Service, Relentless Pursuit Of Justice

Throughout 10-plus years of practice as a personal injury attorney, Mr. Finlay has guided his clients in a variety of cases with different types and severity of injuries, including the following:

The service provided at Finlay Law Firm in Coral Gables aims to protect injury victims and their loved ones. Mr. Finlay will not settle for less and will go to court with you if required to increase your compensation or seek justice.

Personal Injury: Answers To Common Questions

Below are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about Florida personal injury claims. Contact Mr. Finlay with all other questions.

What types of compensation can I pursue with a Florida personal injury claim?

There are three types of damages in Florida: economic (compensation), noneconomic (trauma, mental well-being) and punitive (meant to punish the negligent party).

You may be able to secure compensation for medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, suffering, and more. Mr. Finlay can help you define a course of action based on the specifics of your case.

How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Florida?

You typically have four years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury claim in Florida. This may vary depending upon the facts of your case. However, Mr. Finlay recommends filing your claim sooner rather than later while it is easiest to collect necessary evidence.

How do I know if I have a personal injury claim?

If you or someone you know has sustained injuries due to the negligence of a third party, you may be able to seek compensation from the other party’s insurance. An attorney can guide you through the complete process to obtain fair compensation.

Call Now To Protect Your Future And Your Health

You deserve an experienced and compassionate lawyer working with you. Call the firm at 786-897-5517 for an initial free consultation in Coral Gables. You can also fill out this online form to request an appointment. Se habla español.